June 29, 2011

stick it to the man.

(re-posting from my friend Elise's blog)

stick it to the man (a.k.a. the Honduran transit department)

So Charissa and I have been to the Honduran transit office

three times in the last week trying to obtain
two drivers licenses

although this should be an easy exchange with my US license, it was not.

So, with the help of one of my lawyer coworkers we wrote official letters saying why we should be able to exchange our US licenses for Honduran ones, to be signed by the transit director.

And after eleven stamps on our official letters
five fingerprints
six copies of US drivers licenses and Honduran residency cards
ten rapidito rides
Lps 100 for a physical, eye exam and blood test
one rather angry transit official (my favorite quote was "I don't think this is really the transit director's signature!"...like I had forged it. I guess you never know).
Visits to windows fiveone, and two (involving plenty of pushing and shoving, because lines don't really exist)
And, a lot of righteous anger towards the Honduran transit system...

WE HAVE OUR DRIVERS LICENSES!

yes.

[only regret...we didn't go back for a photo with our frenemy + newly printed licenses.]

No comments:

Post a Comment