January 27, 2013

family fun

On January 14th I eagerly awaited the arrival of my parents to the airport in San Pedro. Although they were the very last people from their flight to claim their luggage, it all arrived and they were happy to see me waiting on the other side.

We packed their 10 day visit with lots of different things, mostly so they could see what my life is like in Santa Rosa, and meet all the people that are so very important to me. We toured the town on the only sunny day of their visit (I did warn them, I do NOT live in the tropics!) and we took time to visit the historical Mayan ruins in Copan. We visited my favorite cafes and restaurants in Santa Rosa, went on 2 work visits over the hills to the rural communities where I work, and my dad an I preached at my church! Of course, I made sure there was plenty of time to get to know Henry and we had lunch with his family and coffee back at their house. By the end, I think we were all pretty tired, but it was great to spend so much time with them and share so much of my life in Honduras with them. Here are some picture highlights of their time here:

checking out the ACDIM office

me and dad at the church in the park


shopping in the market for dinner


welcome to the newly refurbished stairs of Santa Rosa!
election year brings some good things, I guess ;)

one of the 30 wonders of Honduras, supposedly

community visit with Ruth, my director

visiting some of the women in Plan Grande and buying bread

trying to capture the essence of the road...doesnt quite do it justice, right Dad?

dinner in Copan

having some fun in Copan

enjoying Copan Ruins in the rain

Henry with the smiling jaguar

a giant Ceiba tree

of course, there had to be a flat tire... but we fixed it. for $1.50.

parents meet the parents!!

the rest of Henry's family ( L to R: sister, bro-in law, niece, younger sister)

preaching and translating in my church

cows on the road. gotta watch out for those, along with millions of potholes.

enjoying the hot springs
So so so so very glad they came and were able spend lots of time with me and Henry. It was a great visit. Now I think I need another vacation to recoup ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment