I collect nativity scenes because there is something about them that I just can't resist. Maybe it's the details that make each one unique. The reminders they offer of countries and cultures that I have visited. Or maybe it is the subtlety of each peaceful scene that calls me to find peaceful moments in my own life. Many that I have collected over the years are packed away in boxes at my parent's house. But I keep a few favorite ones with me and they were the first to be put out this year. A few touches of garland, bows, candles, poinsettias and one string of lights (I ran out of steam) was a small way to begin to welcome advent.
Although it was a busy and tiring weekend of hosting, it was really fun to share this meal with good friends and find renewed energy for the weeks ahead-when I needed it most!
No comments:
Post a Comment