^ it means: "in my heart, I'm Copaneca" or from Copan.
Yesterday we wrapped up the project with ACDIM in two of my favorite communities. It was a bittersweet day, but filled with so much happiness, so much of the "normal" ridiculousity of my co-workers, and SO. MUCH. FOOD.
In good Honduran fashion, we all shared palabras (words) reflecting on our 2 years with the women, encouraging them to keep moving forward and continue working towards their goal of having a small business. In return, they shared beautiful words of how much they appreciated our friendship, the time we spent with them every month, and the things they learned.
| you know how i feel about soup. but this really was delicious. |
| the soup wasn't enough. she had to buy her own chickens to take home. |
My heart was so full (as was my stomach). We were offered the same hospitality we have always received in these places and shared a fun day with our friends. It is hard to know I won't be going back for awhile.
And I couldn't help but think...no matter where I live in Honduras--I am Copaneca in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment