...to the most remote community.
...on the worst road.
...up up and more up
...without either my co-worker or my boss!
I have driven half way to where we were heading today, but the 2nd half is definitely more complicated. Only made worse by rainy season and a truck without 4 wheel-drive.
But God is good. I went well-covered in prayer (from my boss and the cooking teacher who is the sweetest lady I know) and we made it safe and sound! Praise the Lord. I was SO nervous. And just to let you know, I really love driving, so for me to be nervous indicates the complication of my task at hand.
The women were all surprised when I showed up with only the instructor. "And Don Oscar?" they all asked. Only after a time did it come out that I did the driving. Apparently they thought we must have come with some chauffeur. Hahaha...made me laugh. I enjoy more literal lessons of female empowerment for our beneficiaries. Girl power, ladies!
It was a great day. I had a fun time observing, tasting, learning, and chatting with the women. Successful day of cooking, successful day of driving.

Grateful for continued safety and the chance to rise to the challenge each and every day!
The women were all surprised when I showed up with only the instructor. "And Don Oscar?" they all asked. Only after a time did it come out that I did the driving. Apparently they thought we must have come with some chauffeur. Hahaha...made me laugh. I enjoy more literal lessons of female empowerment for our beneficiaries. Girl power, ladies!
It was a great day. I had a fun time observing, tasting, learning, and chatting with the women. Successful day of cooking, successful day of driving.
Grateful for continued safety and the chance to rise to the challenge each and every day!
This reminds me of the village driving we did in Guatemala last week, only we had a 4 wheel drive vehicle and I was not doing the driving.
ReplyDelete