I just got back from another MCC retreat, but this time it was a bit different. We had the opportunity to travel to Guatemala for the MesoAmerica retreat of MCCers from the region (Mexico, Guate, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua & Costa Rica). It was a LOT of hours on buses to reach our final destination, Santiago de Atitlan on the beautiful Lake Atitlan of Guatemala, but well worth the journey.
We had time together as an MCC Honduras team, one of our last with the Stephens family who are leaving us shortly :( and we had a lot of time to meet other MCCers living and working in Central America.
The place we stayed was beautiful and provided some opportunities to do a little tourist-ing (of course mixed in with plenty of serious sessions concerning our work!)
So of course I only have pictures of the fun stuff--being touristy. But I also have some videos of our wonderfully gifted and spirited MCC Honduras team performing at the talent show. There weren't prizes, but I'm sure if there were, our rousing version of "My Favorite Things" (from the soon to be released "El Sonido de La Musica") would have been awarded first place. We are pretty clever. I'm surprised you didn't know that ;)
| lake atitlan |
| team honduras |
enjoy the video :)
Favorite things
Mountains and beaches and Copan Ruinas
ceramica Lenca aves y leechas
gente amable que nos da amor, (kind people who give us love)
this is what I came to Honduras for.
Pineapple, mango and fresh avocados
frijoles, chuletas y ricos licuados (beans, pork chops and smoothies)
baleadas abundan a diez lempiras (baleadas abound at 10 lempiras)
estas son mis cosas favoritas (these are my favorite things)
Se fue la luz-- no viene el agua (the lights went out! the water didn't come)
vienen ladrones ya! (here come robbers)
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel "tan mal" (then i dont feel so bad)
¿Que onda loco? -- Todo macizo! (what's up man, everything's cool)
Que barbaridad que no tengo pisto. (what a barbarity (?) i dont have any money)
Pucha, que basura, vaya pues, cheke leke, (dang it! what garbage! ok, it's all good)
these are a few things catrachos say.
MCM y Proyecto MAMA
donde trabajo cada maƱana (where i work every morning)
ASJ, CODESO, ACDIM…
partners are some of my favorite things.
Huracanes, inundaciones (hurricanes, floods)
team Giardia,
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel "tan mal"
No comments:
Post a Comment