This past weekend I was able to host 4 MCC friends in Santa Rosa~ our connecting people's coordinator plus the 3 SALTers. It was a busy time, making sure they knew how to get around and figuring out meals and taking them here and there, but it was fun. I enjoy showing people around town and sharing the people who have become important in my life in Santa Rosa.
In showing off my mad baking skills to my MCC buddies (yep, I made brownies in my toaster oven), I realized that I have not shared my latest cooking adventures with my blog readers.
| warm apple crisp...a little more "crisp" than intended... |
| carmelized onion, spinach and olive oil bread ...good til the spinach started to smell funky |
| my most colorful meal yet! my own version of un-stuffed pepers and stir-fried zucchini |
| brownies in the baby oven! even made portion-controlled brownie cups |
| fresh squeezed orange juice, anyone? the fruit was from ladies in the community where we work. soooooo sweet, no sugar needed |
I have also been excited to begin advent season, though I greatly miss the traditions of the church that I have become used to as part of advent preparation. I will share some thoughts on advent things in the near future.
Hope you are enjoying the anticipation of the holidays wherever you may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment